The U.S. Acellular Dermal Matrices Market is estimated to be valued at US$ 2783.32 Mn in 2023 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 3.8% over the forecast period 2023 to 2030, as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Acellular dermal matrices are human or animal-derived dermal tissue that has had the cellular components removed using chemical or physical treatment, while maintaining the collagen structure. They are commonly used in reconstruction and breast augmentation procedures to reinforce and support soft tissues where a dermis or tissue layer may be needed. These matrices reduce scarring and tissue contraction, improving outcomes for patients undergoing procedures like mastectomy or breast reconstruction.
Market key trends:
The U.S. acellular dermal matrices market is driven by rising demand for reconstructive procedures like breast reconstruction following mastectomy. According to the American Cancer Society, each year over 280,000 women undergo mastectomy for breast cancer treatment in the U.S. Many opt for reconstruction surgery to replace the missing breast volume and shape. Acellular dermal matrices are commonly used in two-stage expander/implant and direct-to-implant breast reconstruction techniques to build the lower breast mound. They help integrate the implant into the chest wall and prevent capsular contraction. Furthermore, growing acceptance of aesthetic procedures like breast augmentation has also fueled demand for acellular dermal matrices to support and define the soft tissue pocket housing the breast implant.
- Threat of new entrants: The U.S. acellular dermal matrices market requires high R&D investment and stringent regulatory framework which makes the entry difficult for new players.
- Bargaining power of buyers: The bargaining power of buyers is moderate due to availability of substitutes. However, customized products help buyers to switch between suppliers.
- Bargaining power of suppliers: The suppliers have lower bargaining power due to presence of many players providing raw materials and components. This reduces dependence on a single or few suppliers.
- Threat of new substitutes: New substitutes such as amniotic membranes and collagen tend to threaten existing substitutes. However, the uniqueness of properties helps acellular dermal matrices offset this threat.
- Competitive rivalry: The market has presence of many established players leading to high competitive rivalry.
- Strength: High adoption rates in reconstruction of soft tissue defects due skin burns or trauma. Growing number of wounds and skin injuries drive the demand.
- Weakness: High costs associated with manufacturing and R&D may limit product affordability. Limited awareness in some regions.
- Opportunity: Emerging areas of application like plastic surgery and organ regeneration present lucrative growth prospects. Increasing spend on surgical procedures will foster the market expansion.
- Threats: Stringent regulatory norms delay product approvals. Alternative treatment options threaten substitutes.
The Global U.S. Acellular Dermal Matrices Market Size is expected to witness high growth, exhibiting CAGR of 3.8% over the forecast period, due to increasing prevalence of burns, wounds and skin defects.
The U.S. market accounts for a majority share in North America owing to high healthcare spending and availability of advanced treatment options.
Key players operating in the U.S. acellular dermal matrices market are Integra LifeSciences Corporation, AbbVie Inc., Johnson & Johnson, HansBioMed, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Cook Group, Smith & Nephew Plc., Reprise Biomedical, Organogenesis Holdings Inc., Tissue Regenix, LifeNet Health, Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc., Stryker Corporation, MiMedx Group, PolyNovo Limited, Fidia Pharma USA Inc., Baxter International Inc., In2Bones Global, BioHorizons, Inc., Harbor MedTech, Inc., MLM Biologics Inc., Geistlich Pharma AG, Olaregen Therapeutix, Inc., EnColl Corporation, Kerecis limited, DSM, ACell Inc., 3M, Cell Constructs I, LLC, Marine Polymer Technologies, Inc.
1. Source: Coherent Market Insights, Public sources, Desk research
2. We have leveraged AI tools to mine information and compile it