The Tuberculosis Vaccine Market is estimated to be valued at US$ 5.67 Bn in 2022 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.67% over the forecast period 2022-2030, as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Tuberculosis (TB) is a global health concern that affects millions of people worldwide. The demand for tuberculosis vaccines has been increasing due to the rising prevalence of the disease and the need for effective preventive measures. Tuberculosis vaccines are used to stimulate the immune system and protect individuals from developing active tuberculosis. These vaccines are administered to individuals at high risk of developing TB, such as healthcare workers and people living in areas with a high prevalence of the disease. The market for tuberculosis vaccines is driven by the increasing investments in research and development activities to develop advanced and more effective vaccines.
The global tuberculosis vaccine market is driven by two main factors. Firstly, the increasing prevalence of tuberculosis, especially in low- and middle-income countries, is driving the demand for vaccines. Tuberculosis is one of the top 10 causes of death worldwide, with an estimated 1.5 million deaths in 2020. The World Health Organization (WHO) has set targets to eliminate tuberculosis by 2030, which has further fueled the demand for vaccines.
Secondly, there is a growing focus on research and development activities to develop new and improved tuberculosis vaccines. Various pharmaceutical companies and research organizations are investing in R&D to develop vaccines that are more effective, convenient to administer, and have fewer side effects. Companies such as GlaxoSmithKline, Sanofi Pasteur, Longcom Enterprise Ltd, Biofabri, Valneva plc,
– The tuberculosis vaccine market is supported by the strong research and development capabilities of key players such as GlaxoSmithKline and Sanofi Pasteur.
– The increasing prevalence of tuberculosis globally creates a high demand for vaccines, leading to potential market growth.
– Tuberculosis vaccines have shown effectiveness in preventing the disease, which further strengthens the market position.
– The high cost of tuberculosis vaccines may restrict their accessibility, especially in low-income regions, limiting market penetration.
– Limited public awareness about the importance of vaccination and prevention programs for tuberculosis hinders market growth.
– The increasing government initiatives and funding for tuberculosis control programs provide opportunities for market expansion.
– Rising research and development activities in the field of tuberculosis vaccines may lead to the development of more effective and affordable vaccines, thereby driving market growth.
– Stringent regulatory requirements for vaccine development and approval pose a challenge to market players.
– The emergence of alternative treatments and therapies for tuberculosis may result in substitution, impacting market growth.
The global tuberculosis vaccine market is expected to witness high growth, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.67% over the forecast period from 2022 to 2030. This growth is driven by the increasing prevalence of tuberculosis worldwide and the strong research and development capabilities of key players such as GlaxoSmithKline and Sanofi Pasteur. Regionally, the Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to be the fastest-growing and dominating market due to the high burden of tuberculosis cases in countries like India and China. Other key players operating in the tuberculosis vaccine market include Longcom Enterprise Ltd, Biofabri, Valneva plc, and Archivel Farma S.L. These players contribute to the market through their extensive product portfolios and strong distribution networks. The market is faced with challenges such as high vaccine costs and limited awareness about tuberculosis prevention programs, but opportunities lie in government initiatives and funding for tuberculosis control and the potential development of more effective and affordable vaccines.
1. Source: Coherent Market Insights, Public sources, Desk research
2. We have leveraged AI tools to mine information and compile it