The global Diesel Exhaust Fluid Market is estimated to be valued at US$ 11.60 Mn in 2023 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 7.67% over the forecast period 2023 to 2030, as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Diesel exhaust fluid is a solution made up of 32.5% urea and 67.5% deionized water. It is used in selective catalytic reduction (SCR) systems to reduce harmful emissions from diesel engines. The need for diesel exhaust fluid is associated with the increasing stringency of emission norms across the world. Governments and environmental agencies are imposing strict regulations on vehicle emissions to reduce air pollution and promote sustainable transportation. Diesel exhaust fluid helps in lowering nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions, a major contributor to air pollution. Additionally, the use of diesel exhaust fluid improves fuel efficiency and prolongs the lifespan of diesel engines, making it a preferred choice for various industries, including automotive, transportation, and construction.
Market Key Trends:
One key trend in the diesel exhaust fluid market is the growing adoption of SCR technology in heavy-duty vehicles. SCR systems have gained significant popularity due to their ability to effectively reduce NOx emissions. These systems inject diesel exhaust fluid into the exhaust stream, which reacts with the harmful nitrogen oxides to convert them into harmless nitrogen and water vapor. The increasing focus on reducing environmental impact and complying with emission regulations is driving the demand for SCR systems and diesel exhaust fluid.
Leading players in the diesel exhaust fluid market include Yara International, BASF SE, CF Industries Holdings Inc., Agrium Inc., Cummins Inc., Shell ROTELLA (Royal Dutch Shell Inc.), Mitsui Chemicals Inc., and KOST USA. These players are investing in research and development activities to innovate and improve the quality of diesel exhaust fluid.
- Political: The political landscape plays a crucial role in shaping the diesel exhaust fluid market. Government regulations aimed at reducing air pollution and promoting environmental sustainability have led to the increased adoption of diesel exhaust fluid. For instance, the implementation of stringent emission standards and regulations across various countries, such as the Euro VI standards in Europe and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations in the United States, have necessitated the use of diesel exhaust fluid to minimize nitrogen oxide emissions.
- Economic: The economic factors influencing the diesel exhaust fluid market include the overall economic growth, consumer purchasing power, and fuel prices. As the global economy continues to recover from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, increased industrial activities and transportation demand are driving the growth of the diesel exhaust fluid market. Additionally, the fluctuation in fuel prices can impact the demand for diesel exhaust fluid, as higher fuel prices incentivize the adoption of more fuel-efficient vehicles, which require the use of diesel exhaust fluid.
- Social: Social factors such as increasing awareness about environmental sustainability and the importance of reducing air pollution are driving the demand for diesel exhaust fluid. Consumers and businesses alike are becoming more conscious of their environmental footprint and are actively seeking ways to reduce emissions. This shift in societal mindset has propelled the adoption of diesel exhaust fluid as a means to lower nitrogen oxide emissions and mitigate the environmental impact of diesel engines.
- Technological: Technological advancements in the automotive industry are driving the growth of the diesel exhaust fluid market. Engine manufacturers are continuously developing advanced emission control systems that require the use of high-quality diesel exhaust fluid for optimal performance. Moreover, the development of efficient and cost-effective manufacturing processes for diesel exhaust fluid has made it more accessible to a wider range of consumers and industries.
The Global Diesel Exhaust Fluid Market Demand is expected to witness high growth, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.67% over the forecast period of 2023 to 2030. This growth can be attributed to increasing government regulations aimed at reducing air pollution and promoting environmental sustainability. The market size is projected to reach US$ 11.60 Mn by 2023.
In terms of regional analysis, Europe is expected to be the fastest-growing and dominating region in the diesel exhaust fluid market. This can be attributed to stringent emission standards and regulations imposed by the European Union, which has boosted the adoption of diesel exhaust fluid in the region.
Key players operating in the diesel exhaust fluid market include Yara International, BASF SE, CF Industries Holdings Inc., Agrium Inc., Cummins Inc., Shell ROTELLA (Royal Dutch Shell Inc.), Mitsui Chemicals Inc., and KOST USA.
1. Source: Coherent Market Insights, Public sources, Desk research
2. We have leveraged AI tools to mine information and compile it